Tuesday 24 November 2015

Travel beauty | Part Two | Hair Care Favourites


Time for part two of my Travel Beauty series, featuring some of my favourite hair care products and tools! These lovely products came with me to Fiji in September this year, and are stand outs in my routine at home. As I said in Part One of this series, which covered my skincare picks, the things I bring with me are tried and tested and loved, and are generally products that I don't want to be without!

When it comes to travel, it is definitely easier to invest in a little set of travel bottles and pots that you can decant your beloved products into for your trip.  The brand Manicare make a great little set which is reasonably priced, and Sephora also sell refillable little bottles ideal for travel.

I have highlighted, medium length hair that is fine in texture, thought there is a lot of it. I am a huge devotee of purple/blue shampoo's that tone down the natural brassiness of my hair, lightweight conditioners and treatments, and gorgeous smelling hair oils. 

If you'd like to see what came with me to Fiji, then please keep reading!


The team...

Affinage Professional Blonde Bombshell Shampoo and Conditioner.


Affinage Professional Blonde Bombshell shampoo... look at that pigment! 

Many years ago, my very first, and much loved hairdresser ( and friend ) recommended using a purple/blue shampoo to help counteract the gold/brass undertones in my hair. She sadly moved interstate a number of years ago, and I have never quite forgiven her! Moving on... the emphasis is really on your shampoo, because you can distribute it evenly throughout your hair, and the act of massaging it in means that you're really helping the pigment to work into the hair. Many people typically only apply conditioner to the mid lengths and ends of the hair, meaning that if you are only using a toning conditioner, you are really only treating those areas, giving you a patchy result.
Some brands of blonde shampoos are lucky to have the lightest tint of lavender, and really achieve very little ( aka waste of time, don't bother ). What you need is a shampoo with good pigment... you can see in the photograph above what I am talking about, and it is one of the reasons why I love the Affinage Blonde Bombshell range. It neutralises the brassiness perfectly, without making my hair look dull or too ashy. 
A couple of colour toning shampoos I have used in the past are very drying, and leave my hair looking and feeling like a birds nest, however, this one does not. Love. The Affinage Blonde Bombshell Conditioner has much less pigment than the shampoo, but the shampoo has already done a stellar job, so the conditioner really just has to smooth and lightly condition, and Affinage conditioners do this beautifully without weighing my hair down. They smell gorgeous too...


Eleven Australia - Miracle Hair Treatment.


My local hairdresser stocks the full Eleven Australia range, and my gorgeous stylist used the Miracle Hair Treatment on my hair many months ago during a visit, prior to styling my hair. The first thing you will notice about this leave in treatment is the fragrance... it immediately transports to you to the beach with it's sweet, tropical Pina Colada scent, and it is likely the reason that I purchased it immediately!
Aside from it smelling so darn good, it is a lightweight treatment that protects, smooths, detangles, and nourishes... pretty much everything that you want a leave-in treatment to do for your hair. It also contains amino acids, giving your hair the strengthening benefit of proteins. I work about 3-4 pumps through my damp, freshly washed hair and comb it through. Utterly lush. Highly recommend!


Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment 

Having tried many different brands of hair oils over the last couple of years, I have found myself more than content with this offering from Dove ( love me a bit of Dove ). Next time you have a minute, check out the ingredients list of some of the more popular, and more expensive hair oils. You will notice mostly silicones. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, silicones add to the cosmetic aspect, leaving hair soft and smooth, however Dove Pure Care Oil also contains, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Sunflower oil, which all provide nourishment and fantastic hydration for the hair. Dove Pure Care Dry Oil retails for $19.99 AUD, which is less than half the price of the well known competitors. I purchase mine from Priceline Pharmacy. And yes, it smells gorgeous too! 
I dispense about 3 pumps into my palm, rub it between my hands, and then distribute through the mid-lengths to the ends of my hair, after my Eleven Miracle Treatment. It smooths flyaways, softens, and gives my hair a beautiful shine. I have also used it on the ends of my hair as a pre-wash treatment, applying the oil and then popping my hair up into a messy bun for a couple of hours. Works a treat. Give it a try and let me know what you think!


EVY Professional OneGlide IQ.

Yes, EVY had to come with me to Fiji. If you have not read my full review of this brilliant, EVY Professional hair straightener check out my post here. It's plates are a blend of metal and ceramic, and contain 32 minerals which infuse the hair with moisture as your style. It sounds too good to be true, but it really works beautifully, leaving my hair straight, smooth and glossy. In the photograph below, I have used it to create some loose, beachy waves. Love my EVY, and would highly recommend her!


...obviously on Fiji-Time here.


What are your current go-to hair care products? Please leave any recommendations below... you know I always love trying new products!!



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...