Monday 6 July 2015

Currently Loving | The Glowy Blush Edit

I have a thing for blush. I love how it instantly brightens my whole face. It is a step in my daily makeup routine that I never miss. Ever. If I did, I'd feel like I had forgotten to put my knickers on.

Having spent the last few months experimenting with contouring and highlighting, and using three different products on my cheeks, I was recently inspired to pair it back to one product... a glowing blush. One sweep, one product, glowing cheeks. Yes please.

I have managed to edit my favourites down to a mere eight ( only eight Lou? ), and thought I would share some swatches with you today. They all have some degree of sheen or shimmer, without being glittery. I have a fairly even mix of both affordable and high end options. Most of these shades have enough depth to also add a little dimension to your cheekbones, and enough glow to negate the need for a separate highlighter. 

A bowl full of blush... heavenly.

Milani Baked Powder Blush   Berry Amore

Swatches from Left - SAVVY by DB Silky Pink,  Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose,
 Milani Luminoso,  Milani Berry Amore,
Benefit Rockateur,  Nude By Nature Virgin Blush,  NARS Lovejoy,  HOURGLASS Mood Exposure.
Swatches from Left - SAVVY by DB Silky Pink,  Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Rose,
 MILANI Luminoso,  MILANI Berry Amore,
Benefit Rockateur,  Nude By Nature Virgin Blush,  NARS Lovejoy,  HOURGLASS Mood Exposure.


SAVVY by DB, available nationally in Priceline Pharmacies, make some really lovely affordable blushes. Silky Pink is a beautiful mauve toned pink, with a subtle gold sheen. Very pigmented and very soft, definitely tap off your brush with this one. Love.

PHYSICIANS FORMULA Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Rose is a true pink, with a lovely sheen. I can't really comment on the mood boosting claims, all of the blushes in this post boost my mood! This one screams Spring to me. So pretty and youthful! 

MILANI BAKED BLUSH in Luminoso receives accolades from Beauty bloggers and vloggers across the globe. It really is the perfect, glowy peach toned blush. If you don't have it...you need it.

MILANI BAKED BLUSH in Berry Amore is probably in my top five all time favourite blushes. To me, it is a beautiful rosy, warm neutral blush, that has the loveliest finish on the skin. Again, if you don't have it... you need it!

BENEFIT Rockateur is the only Benefit boxed blush that I own. I purchased mine from Adore Beauty last year, and immediately fell in blush-love. The formula is incredibly smooth and silky, it just glides onto the skin, and has very pretty pink reflect. It is in fact, very similar in tone to Milani's Berry Amore, just a touch lighter. I have put each of the shades on my cheeks, and could see very little difference at all... just sayin'...

NUDE BY NATURE Mineral Blush in Virgin Blush is also similar to Benefit Rockateur and Milani Berry Amore, just a touch less pink I feel. Equally as gorgeous, and Aussie to boot. Have a swatch next time you are in Priceline or Target... she is just lovely.

NARS Lovejoy is such a stunning blush that I have previously dedicated an entire post to her. Not one of the NARS blushes that you hear a lot of people talking about, but beautiful none the less. You can see how she differs from the other neutrals to the left, I think with more of an earthy, terracotta undertone, but still rosy, with a beautiful gold reflect. Don't be worried by the rather strong and intimidating heavy swatch, this blush has a sheer, but buildable formula. If you are in the market for a high end blush, I cannot recommend this one enough!

HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Blush Mood Exposure is probably best captured in the last of my swatch photographs. The perfect neutral, glowy blush. Do forgive me for using a much overused term, but the glow from this blush truly makes your cheeks look "lit from within". Absolutely worth the splurge! I purchased mine from Mecca Maxima last year, and I am itching to add more shades to my collection. If you like neutral blush shades, this is an absolute must have!




What are your favourite go-to blushes? Do you prefer a matte finish, or do you like a little bit of glow like me? Do leave a comment below if you would like to!





Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings!



Lou xo










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...