Friday 24 April 2015

The Beauty Vine's Cacao Triple Threat | Face, Body and Belly


I have a lovely concoction of Raw Cacao treats for you today! Three ways to incorporate a little bit of raw cacao magic into your beauty routine.

A deep cleansing face mask from Black Chicken Remedies, a luscious body scrub from Buddy Scrub, and a delicious, guilt free hot chocolate to warm your belly, all using the nutrient rich raw cacao.

Raw cacao is the new superfood. It is full of amazing, skin friendly vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, vitamin C and omega 6 fatty acids, and a plethora of antioxidants.  These all work to increase blood flow and promote cellular healing, two important processes of the body that promote glowing skin.

Raw cacao also contains mood boosting compounds Serotonin, Dopamine, and Adandomide, just to name a few. These compounds can contribute to feelings of pleasure and happiness, elevating your mood and giving you a feeling of general wellbeing.



The Beauty Vine's Cacao Triple Threat



Black Chicken Remedies Cacao Revelation Mask


I purchased this mask quite a few months ago now, right after it launched. I was extremely privileged to have the opportunity to trial a sample of the mask prior to it's release. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you might have read my post on Black Chicken Remedies, an Australian, natural and organic line of luxurious skincare made lovingly here in Sydney. Its pretty safe to say that I adore all of their products, and this mask is no exception.
Black Chicken Remedies state that this mask will deeply cleanse, gently stimulate circulation, reduce inflammation, smooth and refine, and assist in the treatment of acne and problem skins. I have most certainly found it to do all of those things. Raw Cacao, White, and Pink Kaolin clays deeply cleanse and purify the skin, Aloe Vera powder and Olive leaf extract provide vitamin C and antioxidants, healing and stimulating circulation.
As you can see from the photographs below, this mask comes in powdered form. It's as easy as mixing a teaspoon of the mask with a small amount of water, until you have a thick, soft, paste consistency. It does take a little trial an error adding your water...it is a little bit like making icing...add too much water and it immediately becomes too runny. Just add very small amounts at a time, mixing as you go. If you fancy a slightly more moisturising mask, add a little bit of honey to your mixture. I like to use Manuka honey, because of its antibacterial and healing properties.
I apply the mask to freshly cleansed skin, and leave it to dry, which takes around 20 mins for me. This is a mask that dries right down, and hardens on your skin. To remove, I will place a soaked flannel over my face to soften the mask, and then rinse most of it away with warm water, and finish off with another warm flannel.  My skin feels perfectly clean, looks brighter and more refined, and has a lovely glow. I typically mask in the evenings, and will normally follow up my mask with a facial oil ( I can warmly recommend Black Chicken Remedies Love Your Face Serum...glorious).








I purchased the mask in a set, which is still available to purchase and currently on sale! It includes the mask, a measuring spoon, a brush to apply the mask, and a lovely thick muslin cloth for $84.50AU. You can also purchase the new Spa2go pack, which includes a beautiful selection of Black Chicken Remedies products in trial sizes, including the mask, for $59.95AU. Spa2go gives you everything you need for several gorgeous at-home facial treatments. You may also purchase the Cacao Revelation mask on its own, for $69.95AU.

International shipping is available, follow the link here to the Black Chicken Remedies website.

If you would like to read my post reviewing quite a few of the other products in the range, please follow the link here.








Buddy Scrub

Buddy refers to himself comically in the first person, and if you follow him on Instagram you may notice a plethora of gorgeous scantily clad babes smothered in this lovely body scrub. I'm sorry to say that my pictures are more of a G rated variety. Not a side boob, six pack or svelte body to be seen here at at The Beauty Vine HQ! Buddy was kindly gifted to me....Buddy you 'ol softy!
Whilst this body scrub won't transform you into supermodel ( sorry ), it will leave your skin gorgeously soft and moisturised. I adore it. It has a lovely texture that smooths onto your skin without falling off you in chunks and plopping uselessly on the shower floor. For me, it has just the right amount of exfoliation. As you massage the scrub, the sea salt and brown sugar gradually dissolve, transforming into a smooth lightweight oil. As well as the skin nourishing raw cacao, it contains Coconut, Sweet Almond and Grape Seed oils, and is beautifully scented with Orange essential oil.
I did have a little trouble with the packaging, and found that I couldn't re-seal my bag properly. It is important to keep the contents fresh to avoid contact with air and heat. I ended up transferring my scrub into an air tight, preserving jar that I purchased from a local supermarket. Easy fix!





Buddy is Australian made in the city of Melbourne, uses all natural ingredients, and is cruelty free. It retails for $15.95AU, with free shipping Australia wide. International shipping is available.

You can head over to the Buddy Scrub website here. You might also notice the quite new Green Tea Scrub, which retails for $14.95AU.... this one is on my list!

Buddy is very generously offering my readers a discount code to receive 15% off your order! Simply enter " thebeautyvine" when you are at the checkout! You're welcome!

Buddy Scrub is also now available at some selected Woolworths supermarket stores.






Raw Cacao and Honey Hot Chocolate


I shall preface this by saying that I was experimenting a few months ago making a raw cacao hot chocolate, and came up with this very simple recipe. It's not rocket science by any means, I just used my common sense, but if you google raw cacao hot chocolate you will find a plethora of extremely similar recipes. I'm not saying that I am the sole creator of this recipe is all!
I enjoy this anytime of the day, but particularly in the evening.

What you will need;

1 cup ( 250mls ) Milk ( from your chosen beast, grain, nut etc. I like using Almond or Coconut )
1 teaspoon Raw Cacao
1 teaspoon honey ( I use Manuka Honey )

Optional extras - drop of vanilla essence, or pinch of ground cardamon.


What I do;

Warm milk on stove gently.
Once milk is nicely warm, add cacao and stir.
Finish off with a teaspoon of honey and stir for another minute until it has dissolved.

Serve and enjoy!









Raw Cacao and Honey Hot Chocolate - Cheers!


I really hope you enjoyed this post! Please leave me a comment below if you have a favourite raw cacao beauty product or recipe! I'd love to hear from you!




Thanks so  much for stopping by!



Blessings!



Lou xo






Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the brands mentioned or pictured in this post. I receive no renumeration if you use the discount code to purchase Buddy Scrub, it is kindly offered by the company, for you! PR gifts are stated in the body of the post, all other products were purchased by me, except the cacao powder which my dear old mum bought me! Have a lovely day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...