Friday 6 February 2015

Laura Mercier Flawless Expressions For Eyes, Cheeks and Lips


Hello Beauties! 

I purchased the Laura Mercier Flawless Expressions for Eyes, Cheeks and Lips prior to Christmas last year, and have only really started playing with it in the last few weeks. The problem with having too much makeup!

I believe it was a Christmas 2014 release, and is limited edition.

So you may be wondering why I am showing you this today, but I have discovered that this set is available on Adore Beauty at 30% of the recommended retail of $90.00 AU, and is now down to $63.00 AU!

I have some swatches and thoughts to share with you today, in case you might like to take advantage of the discounted price!











Laura Mercier Flawless Expressions Eye and Cheek Palette - Eyeshadows L-R Buff Pearl ( Luster ),
Fresco ( Matte ), Cherrywood ( Luster ), Guava ( Sateen ),  Stone Sable ( Sateen ), Deep Night ( Matte ).

These eyeshadows are absolutely beautiful. They are smooth, creamy and blend beautifully on the eyes. I only own one other Laura Mercier eyeshadow, and that is the single eyeshadow in Amethyst, which I love to bits. The only shade in this palette that has a little less colour pay-off is Guava, however all of the other shades are exceptional. The two matte shades, Fresco and Deep Night are just stunning. The swatches you see above are just one swipe of colour. I love how there is both mid-tone and deep toned matte shades in the palette. I have Fresco as my crease/transition shade today, and I have used Deep Night as my liner. Buff Pearl is on my eyelid, which is so lovely and brightening. Cherrywood is a stunning warm plum that looks just beautiful in the outer corner. Stone Sable makes a perfect one-shadow look, patted onto the lid and blended up into the crease. Can you tell I love them?
The palette itself is quite small and compact, and I like that the colours are grouped into warm and cool options.


Laura Mercier Flawless Expressions Second Skin Blushes in Lush Nectarine and Rose Petal.
Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Gilded Rose.

I already own two of Laura Mercier's Second Skin Cheek Colour Blushes, Lotus Pink, and City Pink. They were the first two higher-end blushes that I purchased, thanks to the glowing recommendation from Jodi ( GooRoo Beauty ) a few years ago. There is something very unique about the Second Skin blushes, they give your cheeks the most beautiful glow, and I know this term is overused, but it is very much a lit-from-within glow. I find that they are buildable, and last really well on my skin. I was very exited to see the shade Lush Nectarine in the palette! It has been a lemming of mine ever since Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup sang its praises about 2 years ago! Both of these shades are just gorgeous. Love.

I have 4 of the Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks, and absolutely love them. They certainly deserve their own blog post! I'll put it on my list! I already own the full size of Rose Gold, and although I have always felt it could be a little bit pinker and warmer, I still love it. These cream eyeshadows work equally as well one their own, or as a base for your powder eyeshadows. Love. This one is a smaller size, though they do last for ages!

I have not previously tried a Laura Mercier Mascara or Lip Glace, both of which come as full size products in this set. The mascara in this set is the Full Blown Volume Supreme Lash Building Mascara and so far I like it. It always takes me a couple of weeks to really suss out a mascara and gather my thoughts, but this one is nice and black, not too wet, and builds volume and length very nicely. The Lip Glace in Gilded Rose is just beautiful, smells like vanilla cake, feels nice on the lips, and lasts really well without being heavy or sticky. On the lips it is essentially a clear gloss with a little bit of fine gold shimmer through it. I have never "felt" the glitter on my lips, and I think whist this shade is pretty on its own, it would be perfect to layer over almost any shade of lipstick. I think I might need to try some more shades, the formula is right up my alley...


I really love these type of makeup sets. You have everything you need to create either a natural look, or something more dramatic, bar your base products. I think it would be perfect for travel, and it would make a such beautiful gift. Aside from the fact that it is on a really great special, I think it is still definitely worth the original $90 price tag. And if it is something you think you might like, then Happy Valentine's day to you?


You will find this palette on Adore Beauty here. Adore Beauty also ship internationally, you will just need to check the site to see if they ship to your country. I am quite a regular customer to Adore Beauty ( shhh...don't tell my husband).  Their customer service cannot be faulted, shipping is extremely prompt, everything is packaged safely and securely, and you also get a free Tim Tam with every order. Need I say more?



Do you already own this lovely palette? What are your favourite Laura Mercier products?
Do leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!




Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo




Disclaimer: This is not sponsored, nor are there any affiliates links, I just wanted to share a great bargain! Cheers, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...