Wednesday 4 February 2015

EVY Professional IQ-ONEGLIDE STYLER


Beauty friends, I have a new hair love...may I introduce EVY. 


Yes, we are on a first name basis. I know. It's only been a few months, but I think I can safely say that she might just be my favourite. She is also well loved and respected among my friends, who can't say enough good things about her. In terms of a good hair day, she will never let you down. She's got your back...and your sides...and your fringe. 
She is EVY Professional's iQ-OneGlide Styler.


EVY Professional is a new range of professional quality hair styling tools, created by Australian hair straightening expert Tracey Bazzano Laurette. The EVY iQ-OneGlide Styler is part of Tracey's range of hair tools that boast Mineral Infused Technology, designed to provide unrivalled smoothing and hydration to the hair as you style.

 The last decade has seen many new hair styling tools emerging onto the market that are utilising 
Ionic Technology
Ionic Technology is the generation of negative ions to counteract positive ions. These hair tools use minerals, which are crushed and infused into the heating plates, to emit negative ions as you style. It is these negative ions which counteract the positive ions which are present in dry, damaged hair. 

The minerals work to seal in moisture and counteract frizz, resulting in smooth, shiny hair. One of the first minerals to be used in hair styling tools was Tourmaline, I remember a time when everything seemed to be Tourmaline charged! 
( I may be showing my age here...).

After owning her own hair salon in Melbourne for 25 years, and training in both the US and Japan, Tracey has brought the new generation Japanese mineral technology to her very own brand EVY Professional. Not just one, but 32 hair loving minerals are infused into the plates of the iQ-OneGlide Styler, and the addition of 24 carat gold to the metal/ceramic plate is said to bring even deeper hydration to the hair.


EVY PROFESSIONAL iQ-ONEGLIDE STYER 1.5 INCH





The sturdy quilted storage bag unzips to become your heat-resistant surface

I have been colouring, and predominantly lightening my hair for the better part of 20 years. My hair has been long, mid-length, in a short bob, in a long bob, boy-short and everything in between in that time. Apart from the odd sway to the dark side, I have favoured blonde highlights for the majority of that time. 

I have been using/testing/loving my EVY for several months now. Apart from its efficacy, and beautiful results, I find that my style, whether it is perfectly straight or loose curls, seems to last exceptionally well. In the past, I have found that the day after I have straightened my hair, things are looking a bit on the shabby side. Some areas will be frizzy, sometimes my ends have kicked out, or I'll have kinks in my hair from sleeping on it. I have not noticed any of these second day hair blues with EVY. 

In the past, my hair would normally look a little dull and lacking in shine after using a straightening iron. I would normally have felt the need to add extra oils or serums, and probably a spritz of shine spray to make things look a little more alive again! I certainly notice a difference in how shiny my hair looks after use, compared to other brands that I have used over the years ( both expensive and inexpensive ). EVY certainly does glide really nicely through the whole length of my hair, no skipping or dragging, and works beautifully with just one pass over each section of hair.

It comes beautifully boxed, with a quilted storage pouch which unzips and folds out to become your heat-proof mat. Perfect not only for home, but also for travel. 

The iQ-OneGlide is matte black and has a smooth, rubberised feel ( think NARS packaging ), which makes it lovely to hold and easy to maneouver.

A digital LED display, very prompt heat-up time, a 3m long swivel cord ( yay ) and automatic shut off after 60 minutes are all brilliant features, and I particularly love that the on/off and temperature controls are on the inside of the barrel...thank you Tracey!!

I have a couple of photographs below of my hair after having a play, doing the both the sleek and straight look, and some relaxed curls, that I finger combed and roughed up a little. 






The EVY Professional iQ-OneGlide Styler retails for a recommended retail price of $299 AU. She's not cheap, but you absolutely get what you pay for, and this is, in my humble opinion, a very high quality straightener, and to my knowledge is in a similar pricing category to what we are asked to pay for the likes of GHD and Cloud Nine. I warmly and wholeheartedly recommend it.

You can find the EVY Professional products on the AquaBaci website here. You will also find a list of stockists.

If you fancy an idea for a luxury Valentines day gift, EVY are offering to engrave your straightener, with either a name or a message for that someone special ( or just for yourself! ). Just mention that you would like your straightener engraved when you purchase your EVY from your local stockist, or online, and they will take care of it for you! Genius! Don't leave it to the last minute though beauties!



I'd love to know if you have heard of EVY Professional?! Are you a hair dryer or straightener gal? Or do you sometimes go to bed with wet hair in a bun like me? ( shhh...that's our little secret) Do leave a comment or question below, I'd love to hear from you!



Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo







Disclaimer: My EVY was a PR gift, and for that I am extremely grateful. I pride myself on thorough testing and thoughtful reviews, and would not recommend a product that I didn't absolutely love, or be willing to spend my own hard earned money on. I am not a professional hair stylist, I am just a consumer like you! Cheers xo

P.S. I'm not 40, I am 18 with 22 years experience...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Lou - I am very impressed with your amazing "self styling " .EVY was designed for both salons and consumers as you can see very easy to use .xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! Well I am completely chuffed that you commented on my post! Really! Equally chuffed that you were impressed with my styling attempts! You have made my day! Lou xoxo

      Delete
  2. LOVE EVY, Wish she was my best friend! EVY is on my wish list, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...