Friday 19 September 2014

LCN Nail Polish | Review

I was recently offered the opportunity to try some nail polishes from the brand LCN, by a lovely Australian distributor based in Victoria. LCN Nail Polish is a German brand, and one that I had never actually heard of before. SO what does a nail polish lover do when a carrot is waved in front of her face?... she says yes please!!

After I had perused the site and chosen some shades, my package arrived promptly, accompanied by a delicious smelling Banana Hand cream. Just one of the many scrumptious scented hand creams which are available from the website, along with a variety of nail care items.

LCN Nail polishes are $4.99 AU each, and contain 8ml of product. To compare, they are the same size as the smaller Rimmel London polishes. I think the price is very reasonable, and let's be honest, it takes quite a while to work through a regular 15ml size bottle. One could also then feel justified in purchasing a few more shades for one's collection...no? 

I have really enjoyed all three shades, and found them to apply and wear very nicely. The brush is a fairly standard size, not wide or curved, but I did not have any difficulties using it. The formula is 5 free, gluten free and not tested on animals.

My apologies for the wide variation in lighting for my swatches, but that's how we roll when relying on natural light, and not being a professional nail blogger! Do feel free to google swatches if you would like to! All swatches have a top coat of Essie's 'Good To Go'.








L-R   Bailey's On The Rocks,  I Love Mint,  Berry Crazy


LCN Bailey's On The Rocks

I have to confess, it was the name of this polish that caught my attention, along with the cool toned neutral base and pretty, tiny holographic glitters. This shade is what I consider to be grown up, but still a little glam. The perfect summer shade for fingers and toes! I used three coats in the photo above, she is a little on the sheer side, but a lovely formula none the less, and makes a beautiful manicure in my opinion.


LCN  I Love Mint 

I am a sucker for a good mint green polish, and this one did not disappoint. It has a lovely formula, very easy to work with, and opaque in just two coats. It wore very nicely, I had one small chip and some minor tip wear by day 5, and removed it on day 6. A beautiful shade.



LCN  Berry Crazy

I believe this shade is a cream/jelly hybrid, you can see from the photo above how juicy it looks!! Such a pretty raspberry shade, and appropriate for all year round I think. A gorgeous formula that glides onto the nail with ease. Two coats for a gorgeous shiny finish, even before a top coat! Again, 4-5 days of wear with no chipping.



You can find LCN Australia here.

Shipping is a flat rate of $10 Australia wide.



Have you tried LCN polishes before? Do you have any favourite shades to recommend? I am always up for some enabling...



Thanks so much for stopping by!


Blessings,


Lou xo



Many thanks to LCN Australia for providing these products for review. I have no affiliation with the company, and was not sponsored to provide this review. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...