Thursday 6 March 2014

Dr LeWinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing Oil | Review

If you have ever thought about trying an oil cleanser, or are looking for an affordable alternative to some of the offerings from high end or luxury brands, then look no further than Dr LeWinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing Oil. 

I started experimenting with oil and balm cleansers around eight months ago, and haven't looked back. As I have mentioned in previous skincare posts, I have oily/combo, acne prone, dehydrated skin. I use my oil or balm cleansers as a part of my evening skincare routine. I am not currently using face wipes, cleansing waters or a separate eye makeup remover. My oil or balm cleanser and a soft, fluffy face washer is all I need. 





Whilst loving the transformative process of applying my makeup, there is something to be said for embracing and enjoying the evening ritual of cleansing. 

As the name suggests, Dr LeWinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing Oil contains four lovely "good for skin" oils, as well as some other well known oils and ingredients as the base for their formula. 
I decided to do a little more of my own research into some of the ingredients, and thought I would share it with you. I hope you might find it useful!

Glycine Soya or soybean oil is the first ingredient listed. It is high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant which also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent for the skin. Glycine Soya is often used in skincare preparations to specifically prevent damage to collagen and elastin fibers, and it is ideal for emulsifying ( mixing with water ) to allow it to be easy washed/rinsed away. 

Rosehip Oil is very high in fatty acids which aid in skin cell regeneration and repair. This is why you often hear that Rosehip oil is recommended for assisting in healing and reducing scarring and hyper pigmentation. 
It is also high in antioxidants to protect the skin, and to promote the formation of collagen. 

Tamanu Oil is a healing and anti-inflammatory nut oil, which also assists in regenerating the skin, and promoting the formation of new tissue. It moisturisers, and nourishes the skin. 

Argan Oil protects, moisturises and reduces redness and irritation. Also high in vitamin E, omegas, and has antibacterial properties. 

Baobab Oil is extracted from the fruit seed of the baobab tree. Used by African societies for centuries, it is high in Omegas 3, 6 and 9, and is exceptionally moisturising, emollient and soothing, without clogging pores. 

Calendula Flower Extract has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, stimulates collagen and promotes healing. 

Lemon Myrtle Oil is antiseptic, antiviral, emotionally uplifting, refreshing and calming. 

Benzoyl Alcohol I assume is included in the ingredients to function as a preservative. I tend to avoid the types of alcohols that are known to be potentially drying or irritating to the skin, and this is one of them. However, in my humble opinion, any drying effect that may possibly occur would be balanced and corrected by the nourishing oils. Also of note, this is a cleanser, and is only on the skin for a couple of minutes at most, so in short, the inclusion of alcohol in this cleanser has not been an issue for me. 


How Does The Vine Use it? 

My preference with cleansing balms and oils is to apply to a dry face. I use 2 pumps and massage it in, all over my face for about a minute, and then remove with a clean washcloth soaked in nice warm water. I then rinse the washcloth, and go over my face again, making sure to remove all of the cleanser. I use a fresh clean face washer every day.  Some thicker balm cleansers can be a little more difficult to emulsify, however if that is your preference than this one will emulsify very easily and beautifully, allowing you to rinse away the oil grime and makeup of the day. 

The directions do specify to avoid direct contact with your eyes. However, I massage the oil over my eyes to remove my eye makeup. It does a brilliant job, and I have experienced no irritation or stinging at all. I do be careful to close my eyes, not sure I want it IN my eyeballs!!

In the evenings I double cleanse, and it will depend on my mood or how my skin is behaving as to which cleanser I choose. If I am feeling particularly dehydrated, I will double cleanse with the oil. If not, I will typically use Alpha-H Triple Action cleansing gel, a gentle non foaming cleanser which I adore. 

Dr LeWinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing oil smells lovely to me. You can definitely notice the fresh scent of the lemon myrtle, though I don't find it overpowering. I am also aware of the scent of the base oils, which have a natural, earthy smell in my opinion. 

Dr LeWinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing Oil is currently 20% off at Priceline Pharmacy nationally, so you can take home a lovely cleansing oil for just under $24.00. It's Rrp is $29.99. 

Have you tried any Dr LeWinn's products? 
Are you a fan of cleansing with oils?
Leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Blessings, 

Lou xo 

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Such a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so glad you liked it! Wasn't sure if i may have waffled on too much?! Thanks so much for visiting and your lovely comment! Lou xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...