Sunday 23 February 2014

On My Nails Today - New Revlon Parfumerie Nail Enamel

The new Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel rolled out in Australian stores in early February, and though I tried hard to resist, these two shades were calling my name.

In fact, the entire display was calling my name, and I would have happily picked up the whole thing and taken it home, cute old fashioned sweet shop bunting and all.

Though intrigued by many of the different scents and shades, I tried to stick to shades that were unique to my collection. So here is Wintermint and Autumn Spice...




After many consecutive days of rain and decidedly gloomy weather, I had no choice but to use artificial light for these photographs. I much prefer to use natural light, so my apologies for the less than good quality images. 
All swatches are two coats and a top coat. I use a fast dry top coat every time I do my nails, simply because I don't have time to wait for them to dry, and often do my nails in the evenings.










The scent of Wintermint is as one would expect...minty...quelle suprise?? It is a pleasant, sweet, soft minty fragrance. The fragrance is marketed to be noticeable when the enamel is dry, however I can smell it as I am applying the polish. 

The shade itself is very pretty. Along with the blue glitter you can see, it also has a very fine gold shimmer throughout, which the lighting above picks up nicely. I don't have anything like this shade in my collection. Think of it as a mint green with a twist.

As I mentioned above, I always use a fast dry top coat. Personally, I find very little difference in the intensity of the scent with or without a topper.

It certainly isn't the type of fragrance that throws itself around the room, but one that you are subtly aware of any time your lovely polished fingertips near your face. I have found the scent fades gradually over 2-3 days.







Autumn Spice has a gorgeous depth of colour, with lovely gold, copper and rose gold shimmers throughout. I found that those lovely golden shimmers weren't as visible on the nail as they are in the bottle. I will try to add some more swatches in natural light once we get some more sunshine!

Autumn Spice is also a sweet fragrance. To my nose, a combination of a sweet honey cake and a milky chai tea. Although it is a very dark shade, it doesn't look black on the nail as some very deep shades can do. A perfect Autumn/Winter shade, and again unique to my collection.

As I mentioned, many of the shades caught my eye ( will try to be good ) and what a beautiful little vintage bottle/bottles to have on display!

I purchased mine from Priceline during a recent 2 for $20 sale. At $15.95 each they are on the pricey side. The bottles contain 11.7ml of product.

Do you have a favourite shade/scent in this line? Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings, 

Lou xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...